The Purple Attacks of 2017 were a series of attacks made by the glorious Purple Republic on the famous CPR.
In November 2017, a botter named Gravix launched a bot program for Club Penguin Rewritten, in a few days the Purple Republic members saw the opportunity of bringing back their gold raiding age, so they started to attack CPR daily, invading and crashing rooms, forcing all the players to log off (mainly non-purple scum), they caused terror on the CPPS for a whole week, after a few days they planned a attack on RPF's event after thanksgiving, however, one day before the event, Stu, a developer of Club Penguin Rewritten joined the MultiBot discord and DDoSed the program, forcing Gravix to shutdown the program.
- They often attacked CPR streamers, including the formerly famous Driv3joe. And the obscure SavabCPPS.
- Some examples of their war cries are "REMOVE KEBAB", "KOSOVO JE SRBIJA", "DEUS VULT", "PURPLE PRIDE SERVER WIDE", "PURPLE POWER", "DRILL GRILL", "SAVAB HATES AFRICANS",
- Contrary to popular belief, no one spied on their discord until Stu's DDoS attack.
- They were the main reason why a captcha was added on Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Gravix brought MultiBot back in non-GUI, uncompiled .py form, optimizing botting and support for customization within .json files for support for custom CPPSs, formations, account amounts, and etc.